Memphis Heritage is hosting a 2nd meeting about the future of Overton Square. Be there-- because your voice makes a difference!
December 2, 2008
3:30-5pm @ MHI Headquarters, Howard Hall, 2282 Madison
Bring your thoughts, ideas and creative minds. Bring along your neighbor and let's put our heads together to save what was once and can be again the heart of Midtown!
I believe any project built in Overton Square should, at the very least
- increase the walkability of the neighborhood.
- preserve and restore the urban form to the Madison and Cooper sides.
- build to an aesthetic standard equal to the Idlewild and East End neighborhoods (not Union!!!).
- build to a aesthetic and urban standard that complements the investments made by neighboring businesses, like Playhouse on the Square, Bosco's, Maggie's Pharm, Mr. Lincoln's Costume Shop, etc.
- build to a aesthetic and urban standard that strengthens the Heart of the Arts.
Labels: architecture, co, midtown, Overton Square, placemaking, redevelopment