Sunday, November 23, 2008

Magic: the Art Installation

Update: well this is a lot different than what I had assumed. I still love unexpected public art.

Go see the recently installed portals to the Overton Park greensward, I assume by an artist from the nearby Memphis College of Art.

Here I Rule . Com Art Installation

Here I Rule . Com Art Installation

Here I Rule . Com Art Installation

Here I Rule . Com
will take you to a website about the game Magic: The Gathering, of which I know nothing except that some friends play.

I had a puppy with me when I took the pictures so I didn't try to walk through the doorway, or look through the peepholes.

Here I Rule . Com Art Installation

What would I see?

I love unexpected public art.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Naomi Van Tol said...

What would happen if you opened a door? You'd get sucked into an alternate universe, obviously!

5:46 PM  
Blogger gatesofmemphis said...

maybe an alternate universe where I-40 rolls through the Park (gulp) and Elvis is alive but has a perm (gulpgulp).

Or an alternate universe where convicted felon Karl Rove is paid minimum wage to skim the Zoo's Hippo wading pool but still has health care like everybody else in the country (and has a perm).

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jack henry and I stumbled upon this after we went to the MCA Bazaar Saturday...how neat!

7:56 AM  
Blogger gatesofmemphis said...

did you guys walk through the doors?

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home