Friday, December 14, 2007

Resolution


Live From Memphis is holding its 8th Li'l Film Fest, Saturday, December 15, 2007 at 2pm at the MeDiA co-op (1000 S. Cooper).
The theme of Li'l Film Fest 8 is RESOLUTIONS, you know, the New Year's kind. I know, I know, you will cut back on the partying and staying out so late, you will exercise more and loose weight, you will remember to call your mother on her birthday, you will stop watching so much television, you will eat more veggies, and of course you'll spend more time with the dog. But surely you can manage to squeeze in a few hours to make a film, right...?

Regarding resolutions, I made a movie, but didn't finish it in time for the LFF. I was rendering it through and past the deadline for the Fest entries.

It's another draft of my Zippin Pippin movie. I haven't posted it to YouTube yet 'cause I want to add sound, but here are some frames.

Up the first hill, Zippin Pippin, Memphis FairgroundsGoing up the 1st Hill

top of the first hill, Zippin Pippin, Memphis FairgroundsRounding the curve at the top of the 1st Hill.

the last turnaround, looking west, Zippin Pippin, Memphis FairgroundsTurning back around on the Last Hill.

It's fun doing this. As I think of things to add and figure out how to do them, I will make improvements. Besides adding the lights of a nearby carnival, I'd like to add the beautiful Fairview School.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger jccvi said...

Given the latest plans, maybe you should add the Children's Museum and take away the Colosseum.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, i know this is a ridiculously long link, but here are a couple nice pics of the pippin...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&FriendID=39186607&blogMonth=10&blogDay=20&blogYear=2006

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nevermind, i can't seem to make the link work

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/natxtron2/libertyland004a.jpg

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nope :(

sorry, i tried

10:21 AM  
Blogger gatesofmemphis said...

jccvi, the nice thing about 3D Memphis is I can build it any way I want -- realistic, fantastic, speculative, whatever. So if they want to, or do, bulldoze the Coliseum, it will still live in my imagination. Generally as I build I'd like to tend toward fantastic realism. !!!

anonymous/natxtron, beautiful photos of the Pippin. Also, incredible shot of the I-55 Bridge!
Here's a tinyurl: http://tinyurl.com/37ybg7.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home