Sunday, May 25, 2008

Trip to Autozone Park

Believe it or don't, but earlier this month I was invited by the Redbirds to see one of their games. I came and took some pictures.

The crowd waits for the gates to open.

Autozone Park

The side gate.

Autozone Park

Getting ready for the game.

Autozone Park

The crowd comes in.

Autozone Park

Watching the game from the bluff.

Autozone Park

More Bluff.

Autozone Park

The game.

Autozone Park

Autozone Park

One of a series of Redbird weather vanes.

Autozone Park Weather Vanes
While I didn't have to pay to get in, I did pay for my own Barbecue Nachos.

The Home of Barbecue Nachos
By the way, this is my first post ever on Autozone Park. Very strange since I consider it Memphis' great urban planning success of the past 10 years. Third and Union is now a vortex of public energy, inside and outside the gates of Autozone Park. A place of beauty, fun and attraction.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger rakuette said...

memphis will bbq anything. barbecue nachos, barbecue spaghetti, and all this time i thought it was just for meat.
baseball is awesome, keep it up #1 redbirds!


and thanks for supporting your local artist.

12:05 PM  
Blogger gatesofmemphis said...

I finally uploaded a photo of the piece I bought. Thanks for being an artist to support.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home