Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Is Mud Island Part of the Promenade?

Roy Harrover thinks it is. The architect of Mud Island, the Memphis College of Art and Memphis International Airport says so in a letter to today's Commercial Appeal:

Before expressing firm opinions on the Mud Island River Park inclusion in the Greg Ericson proposal, city officials and representatives should realize that the park cannot be used for commercial purposes.

The park property north of Union was added legally by accretion to the Promenade, which lies between Front Street and the Mississippi River. This open-space promenade was dedicated to the citizens of Memphis by the city's founders.

Roy Harrover

Memphis

(links mine)

Startling, at least for me.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I like that news! So let's build a facility that is free to the public!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anymore news on exactly where the Midtown Chick Fil A will be going? Ever since I saw your post about the location, I get heart palpitations when I drive by the old Cumberland Presbyterian building...

12:06 PM  
Blogger gatesofmemphis said...

I haven't heard anything new about the chik-fil-a, or the building. I will keep you posted.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home