Thursday, September 14, 2006

Land Use and Laser Beams

I went down to City Council chambers yesterday afternoon for a Memphis and Shelby County Land Use Control Board public meeting. Besides my interest in the Medical Center Zoning Overlay and the One Beale Project, I figured I'd get a slightly interesting, mostly boring, civics lesson in zoning.

But when this lady steps to the microphone, nominally in opposition to the overlay, and announces "I'm Jon Benet Ramsey. And the President of the United States", I knew I better turn on my camera.



Sometimes Memphis' beauty is cultivated; othertimes, it's like a mushroom growing on bullshit.

I offer this video in honor of the River City Mud Bugle, the newly-minted and much-anticipated political news blog of autoegocrat. The Mud Bugle's inaugural post is an expose of sleaze by proxy in Tennessee's Ninth Congressional District.

1 Comments:

Blogger autoegocrat said...

I am honored.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home