Monday, May 21, 2007

Where the Greenline Crosses the Wolf

Last week I took a lunchtime hike with Justin to the future Greenline.

The northwestern corner of Shelby Farms.
Justin crosses the Wolf.

The Wolf River from the bridge, looking south toward Walnut Grove.

The eastern end of the bridge elevated over a Shelby Farms path.

I've lived or worked around the corner from this place for much of my life and never knew how beautiful it is.

Does anyone know the status of the Greenline?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought that the Greenline - which is a good idea - was basically dead because of haggling over the price of the railings

4:38 AM  
Blogger gatesofmemphis said...

wtaylor, I don't know. I don't know if there are active discussions with the railroad, and who's leading the discussions (the City, the Greening Greater Memphis coalition, etc...).

I hope, but I don't know.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A quick review of all the tangentially related websites yields no recent news (at least not since the Greening Greater Memphis standing room meeting).

memphismobility.com
midsouthtrails.com
greeninggreatermemphis.org
greatermemphisgreenline.org

What didn't the leaders of this movement take advantage of that momentum?

Why aren't we still putting pressure on CSX (I think) to either sell the rail line for a reasonable price or clean it up (which would cost them a chunk of money)?

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This might be of some help:

http://www.mbqmemphis.com/node/16

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home