Monday, January 22, 2007

Democracy and Creativity in Memphis

Bridge between Ashburn-Coppock Park and South BluffI wanted to add this idea to my Vision:

To flourish, the creativity of Memphis requires democratic, participatory and transparent institutions. Hierarchy and exclusion selfishly darken the field of ideas, stunting if not poisoning the growth of creativity and with it the future of Memphis.

Like my other Visions, nothing original. A gazillion people are saying variations all over the planet. Some are saying it very well here in Memphis. But I think it's worth saying again. And again. And again...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog and your city.

http://halfemptyarchive.blogspot.com/

Dave

8:49 AM  
Blogger gatesofmemphis said...

Dave,

I'm glad you guys had a good time. You actually did a few things I've never done: Pat O'Briens, the dogtrack, the Cotton Museum.

thanks for the compliments!

1:15 AM  
Blogger David Hall said...

You linked to little ole me? Awe, yous sweet--thanks for the support.

8:51 PM  
Blogger gatesofmemphis said...

trollcrates, thanks for your writing.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home